Otaku Style
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the first anime you saw?

+2
AndeGame
SleepyOtaku
6 posters

Go down

What was the first anime you saw? Empty What was the first anime you saw?

Post by SleepyOtaku Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:56 am

Mine was Samurai Pizza Cats. I was but a toddler at the age of 2! >:3 I had a pretty early introduction to anime.

The first anime I knew was anime was Pokemon, though. I was like 7 years old or something. That's when I first fell in love with the stuff! xD
SleepyOtaku
SleepyOtaku
Admin

http://otakustyle.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What was the first anime you saw? Empty Re: What was the first anime you saw?

Post by AndeGame Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:52 am

Mine was Dragonball Z I think, that or Pokemon (yes I know I spelled it wrong). It was one of the most awesome episodes in the series #GokuSSJFriezaIsF'd
AndeGame
AndeGame

Back to top Go down

Post by SleepyOtaku Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:56 am

AndeGame wrote:Mine was Dragonball Z I think, that or Pokemon (yes I know I spelled it wrong). It was one of the most awesome episodes in the series #GokuSSJFriezaIsF'd
You spelt Pokemon right. Very Happy And I don't think there were ANY good episodes of the slowest arc in DBZ (the Frieza saga)!
SleepyOtaku
SleepyOtaku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AndeGame Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:01 am

SleepyOtaku wrote:
AndeGame wrote:Mine was Dragonball Z I think, that or Pokemon (yes I know I spelled it wrong). It was one of the most awesome episodes in the series #GokuSSJFriezaIsF'd
You spelt Pokemon right. :DAnd I don't think there were ANY good episodes of the slowest arc in DBZ (the Frieza saga)!

No there's an asterisc above the e o.o grammar nazi for the win! But seriously the episode where Goku transforms for the first time was one of the most amazing things that has ever happened in my life so don't take that away from me T-T
AndeGame
AndeGame

Back to top Go down

Post by SleepyOtaku Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:03 am

AndeGame wrote:
SleepyOtaku wrote:
You spelt Pokemon right. :DAnd I don't think there were ANY good episodes of the slowest arc in DBZ (the Frieza saga)!

No there's an asterisc above the e o.o grammar nazi for the win! But seriously the episode where Goku transforms for the first time was one of the most amazing things that has ever happened in my life so don't take that away from me T-T
Lol. xD Whatever floats your boat. And you're Grammar Nazi-ing against yourself. o.o
SleepyOtaku
SleepyOtaku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aori Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:03 pm

I think my first anime was Dragon Ball Z as well, also during the Frieza/Freeza (can't remember) saga. But the first anime I actually tried to watch all the way through is Outlaw Star, and that's really the one that got me into quite a bit. Of course, I don't watch too much anime to be honest...

Aori

Back to top Go down

Post by SleepyOtaku Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Aori wrote:I think my first anime was Dragon Ball Z as well, also during the Frieza/Freeza (can't remember) saga. But the first anime I actually tried to watch all the way through is Outlaw Star, and that's really the one that got me into quite a bit. Of course, I don't watch too much anime to be honest...
Your face doesn't watch too much anime.
SleepyOtaku
SleepyOtaku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aori Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:08 pm

SleepyOtaku wrote:
Aori wrote:I think my first anime was Dragon Ball Z as well, also during the Frieza/Freeza (can't remember) saga. But the first anime I actually tried to watch all the way through is Outlaw Star, and that's really the one that got me into quite a bit. Of course, I don't watch too much anime to be honest...
Your face doesn't watch too much anime.

Quite true.

Aori

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakabits Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:29 pm

First Dub completed:

First Sub Completed:

I think I got off to a pretty good start  Very Happy
Bakabits
Bakabits
Community Ambassador

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Bakabits

Back to top Go down

Post by SleepyOtaku Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Bakabits wrote:First Dub completed:

First Sub Completed:

I think I got off to a pretty good start  Very Happy
OMG. I have never been able to find the Oreimo OP on YouTube. *Watches for the first time in ages*
SleepyOtaku
SleepyOtaku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James the Movie Reviewer Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:02 am

Since I got into anime relatively recently, Death Note was the series that turned me from a skeptic into an Otaku. After that, I watched Cowboy Bebop, which was obviously classic. But it was Code Geass that solidified my love and interest in anime.

Technically speaking however, my first anime that I completed was Madhouse's Iron Man series, but at the time, the only reason I watched was because it was Marvel.

The first sub I completed was the Kara no Kyōkai film series, and needless to say that it was freaking amazing.

P.S. Sorry for creating a new topic about the same thing earlier, I did not see this forum, so I deleted it.
James the Movie Reviewer
James the Movie Reviewer

http://jandjproductions1809.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mankanshoku Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:11 pm

When I was little, I saw Naruto on Toonami. I ended up looking up the official site for shippuden later on and watching part of it with their official subtitles. The people on the forum there directed me to some other shows, the first of which was Death Note, and later including Shuffle, Azumanga Daioh, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Ouron High School Host club and Fruits Baskets. Fruits Basket, OHSHC and Death Note were decent shows, and FMA: B and Azumanga Daioh were incredible, so they got me into watching more stuff. At the time, funimation's youtube channel only offered subs, so subtitles accompanied just about the entirety of my anime journey, even in those early stages. I watched most of those series with my brother. Then we split off and by now we watch completely different kinds of shows for the most part.

Bonus History:
After the Youtube Funimation phase, I had a phase on Netflix. I watched some stuff like Desert Punk, xxxHolic, Mushi-shi and Keroro Gunsou. Strike Witches was on there too, but since they rotate anime available on netflix a lot, it got taken off right after i started to watch, so that got me to want to look up anime again for the first time in over a year. After watching Strike Witches I started watching shows on those shitty anime streaming sites. I quit for over a year yet again.

In fall of 2012 I started to watch Pretty Cure on crunchyroll which sorta got me into anime again. Eventually, when Vividred Operation and Tamako Market were airing, I started to download fansubs, and soon after I got a Crunchyroll subscription. After the winter season was over I stopped watching anything for several months yet again, but got into some shows this past Fall season.
Mako Mankanshoku
Mako Mankanshoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down