Otaku Style
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japanese cooking

3 posters

Go down

Japanese cooking Empty Japanese cooking

Post by SleepyOtaku Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:46 pm

I've tried cooking okonomiyaki before but it came out as a huge mess. >.> Same with miso soup. The authentic stuff is really good, though. Why can only Japanese people make Japanese food taste good?
SleepyOtaku
SleepyOtaku
Admin

http://otakustyle.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Japanese cooking Empty Re: Japanese cooking

Post by Mako Mankanshoku Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:58 pm

I haven't tried to cook anything like that, but I probably will. I'm in a culinary arts class and I'm probably going to enroll in a culinary arts program post-secondary. It'll be something I doubt I'll lose focus on.

In the meantime you should look into some of the simple stuff, if you haven't already. Unless you're ambitious enough to try and make your own roux, Curry is basically stir-fry with a pre-made roux and will still taste amazing that way. It was the first thing I ever cooked on my own, actually. Tamago kake Gohan is also probably a quick breakfast option that should be eaten /everywhere/, and not just the few countries it's popular in.

I'm sure my first attempts at the intermediate dishes will look way worse than whatever you made, though.
Mako Mankanshoku
Mako Mankanshoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakabits Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:05 pm

There are some REALLY good sushi places here in Philadelphia. Some traditional too! I should try and see if I can sit at a authentic sushi bar at the near future.
Bakabits
Bakabits
Community Ambassador

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Bakabits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down