Otaku Style
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon General

4 posters

Go down

Pokemon General Empty Pokemon General

Post by Mako Mankanshoku Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:00 pm

I feel like there are probably enough people here into this mega-franchise to warrant a thread about it. Pokemon has been an on and off addiction for me for practically my whole life. How many of you here play it, and what are your favorite games within the franchise? What are some other things in the franchise that you enjoy?

As for me, my favorite games in the franchise are Emerald and X/Y.

I enjoy adore Pokemon Adventure/Pokemon Special, my favorite manga adaptation. I highly recommend it for any pokemon fan and can securely say it's far better than the anime.

I also enjoy attempting nuzlocke challenges, playing hack games and I play around in Pokemon Showdown on occasion, the online battle simulator.

If I see a few people say yay, I might record a nuzlocke challenge of mine on this forum, too.
Mako Mankanshoku
Mako Mankanshoku

Back to top Go down

Pokemon General Empty Re: Pokemon General

Post by KyZin Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:13 pm

I play a fair amount of pokemon but I'm not overly crazy about it. I've played at least one game from each gen from the first though. Well not counting the newest gen as I don't have a 3DS.

My favorite pokemon game so far is heartgold as I could have my pokemon follow me around which I found fun.

Although my favorite pokemon spin off has to be pokemon colosseum.

Last edited by KyZin on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
KyZin
KyZin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mankanshoku Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:14 pm

Do you have a particular favorite game, or perhaps some favorite pokemon?
Mako Mankanshoku
Mako Mankanshoku

Back to top Go down

Post by KyZin Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:18 pm

I'd love to talk about my favorite pokemon. Hmm should keep it fairly short.

My favorites are: Gengar, Ampharos, Flygon, Houndoom, Empleon, Chandulure, Tropius, Espeon, Leavanny and Honckrow
KyZin
KyZin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mankanshoku Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:23 pm

My favorite spin off games the Mystery Dungeon ones, for sure. I loved Chunsoft as a developer and I love console roguelikes. All of your choices in pokemon are also highly approved of by me. My favorites are probably Chespin, Azumaril, Squirtle, Torterra and Whimsicott.
Mako Mankanshoku
Mako Mankanshoku

Back to top Go down

Post by KyZin Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Yeah the mystery dungeon games were pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about them was how slow paced the combat and exploration could feel at times. As for your favorites I find it amusing how most of them are small/cute then there's torterra who is neither.
KyZin
KyZin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mankanshoku Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Torterra is cute in my heart u.u
Mako Mankanshoku
Mako Mankanshoku

Back to top Go down

Post by SleepyOtaku Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:36 am

My favourites are BW2 and XY. I really loved the movie-making feature in BW2, and it always made me crave popcorn! xD It was a fun little add-on. I also loved the dream world in gen 5 in general. I was so sad that they took it out of XY, but XY does have a lot of other fun features and better online capabilities.
SleepyOtaku
SleepyOtaku
Admin

http://otakustyle.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KyZin Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:54 pm

I figure this would be an interesting question to answer. What kind of gym leader would you be? That is what type would be your specialty and what team would you use for that specialty?
KyZin
KyZin

Back to top Go down

Post by SleepyOtaku Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:16 am

I would definitely be a normal-type gym leader, as normal is my favourite type to use. I would have Porygon-Z, Blissey, and Snorlax in my team, but I'm not sure who else I would use.
SleepyOtaku
SleepyOtaku
Admin

http://otakustyle.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KyZin Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:25 am

An interesting choice. I would be a ghost type gym leader myself. I'd definitely have a gengar as my signature pokemon then the rest of the team would vary depending on which gen I was in.
KyZin
KyZin

Back to top Go down

Post by AndeGame Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:11 pm

I personally can't wait to get my 3DS XL next week, I'll be getting Pokemon Y for free! First Pokemon game I played since Ruby I think it was >->
AndeGame
AndeGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mankanshoku Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:49 pm

I'd probably be a fairy type gym leader. A lot of my favorites got changed into fairy types this generation, and there are some new ones I really like too. I love Whimsicott, Azumaril, Gardevoir and Mawile. I also really like Sylveon, Klefki, Wigglytuff, Tokekiss and Slurpuff. I even made a fairly successful fairy monotype team on Pokemon Showdown in the past.

AndeGame wrote:I personally can't wait to get my 3DS XL next week, I'll be getting Pokemon Y for free! First Pokemon game I played since Ruby I think it was >->

Dude! When you get it we have to exchange friend codes. I can be the first to scout out your friend safari, and since I have most of the starters by now I can breed you a couple if you like. I'm in a nuzlocke of my copy of Y, currently.
Mako Mankanshoku
Mako Mankanshoku

Back to top Go down

Post by AndeGame Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:21 pm

Mako Mankanshoku wrote:I'd probably be a fairy type gym leader. A lot of my favorites got changed into fairy types this generation, and there are some new ones I really like too. I love Whimsicott, Azumaril, Gardevoir and Mawile. I also really like Sylveon, Klefki, Wigglytuff, Tokekiss and Slurpuff. I even made a fairly successful fairy monotype team on Pokemon Showdown in the past.

AndeGame wrote:I personally can't wait to get my 3DS XL next week, I'll be getting Pokemon Y for free! First Pokemon game I played since Ruby I think it was >->

Dude! When you get it we have to exchange friend codes. I can be the first to scout out your friend safari, and since I have most of the starters by now I can breed you a couple if you like. I'm in a nuzlocke of my copy of Y, currently.

I had to look that up. lol, but yeah sounds good. I should get it Thursday this upcoming week  Cool 
AndeGame
AndeGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum